Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Demitrius Hilerio class 707 Reading Response

    In "The Outsiders" By S.E. Hinton Ponyboy is noticing how much he needs Johnny. I think Ponyboy is realizing how much of a good friend Johnny is. If Johnny dies in the book Ponyboy will be devasted and severly affected by this loss. I think Ponyboy is going through denial because he cannot accept the fact that Johnny has a big chance of dying from his third degree burns from the church incident. I think Dally cares about Johnny alot more than anyone in the gang. I know this because at the begining of the book when Johnny stood up to Dally and told him to stop bothering Cherry and Marcia. If Johnny does die I think Dally will be devastated.

   Johnny seems scared of possibly dying. For example when Johnny was laying down on the bed he told Ponyboy that he always thought about killing himself but now that he actually might die he is scared. What I have been wondering for a while is if Johnny's parents are going to atleast go to the hospital to see Johnny. And if so how Johnny's parents react to his injury will they care and treat Johnny better or will they just act as they did when Johnny is home with his parents.

   So many questions gnawing at me when reading the recent important events in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment