Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ela Trip Reflection by Demitrius Hilerio

     On the Ela trip to the museum of the city of New York I noticed most of the museum that our class saw expressed the point of view of a local of New York. One part that expressed this was the social activism exhibit. This exhibit really made me wonder about how far people will go to enforce something they believe in. For example in the exhibit there were displays on womens rights, gay rights, African American rights, and more. The museum displayed these issues by how they were handled in New York. It made me wonder how many changes can be made by many people coming together and making a big community of people that have the same opinions and beliefs that they have.
    What I learned from this trip is it is okay to express what you believe in. This trip also made me realize how many important issues were taken care of in New York. This trip made me think about how our history has been constructed to be what it is today. For example in the social activism exhibit it showed how women rights was accepted and african american rights were accepted and even recent things such as gay rights were accepted. The museum had speeches on display that expressed an issue like African American rights or another issue. The Jeff Liao exhibit also gave me a different point of view of New York. It made me wonder how he took photos so accurately so he can put them together without any troubles of capturing the same thing twice. His photos made me think how much I should apprciate the beauty of the city. The whole trip overall showed me how New York has been a place of history and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment